The 3rd Energy for Smart Mobility Forum (E4SM) attracted nearly 350 attendees on October 13 and 14. This 100% digital edition was officially opened by the French Minister for Transport, Jean-Baptiste Djebbari.
Five key trends emerge from the 3 plenary conferences and 11 workshops which brought together more than 70 French and foreign speakers.
- Accelerating the deployment of infrastructure: 100,000 charging points open to the public must be installed in France by the end of 2021, a plan mentioned by the Minister at the opening of the Forum.
- Data is growing in value: the massive amount of data available (thanks to IoT in particular) makes it possible to develop new services and improve existing services: predictive maintenance, development of energy communities, Vehicle-to-Grid, optimization of the intermodality …
- The rise of hydrogen: technology is developing in all areas (heavy transport, rail, maritime). The challenge now is the massification of the production of green or blue hydrogen.
- Greening maritime transport: responsible for around 2.5% of global GHG emissions, maritime transport has begun its transition from the electrification of docked ships to the design of hydrogen ferries.
- Evolving business models: operators are testing different formulas to reduce costs and find diversified sources of income such as the use of common platforms between operators, dynamic advertising on vehicles, etc.
Capenergies and GreenUnivers, co-organizers of the E4SM Forum, warmly thank the sponsors and partners of this 3rd edition for their support and confidence.