Capenergies cluster for competitiveness and GreenUnivers, leading media company on energy transition markets, organised on February 15 and 16, 2018 the first European Energy for Smart Mobility Forum. Dedicated to innovative energy solutions for electric mobility, this first edition was a great success:
- More than 300 participants from the energy and electric mobility sectors; all key stakeholders were represented: public authorities, companies, investors …
- More than 60 international speakers
- 160 Business meetings asked by participants
- 4 conferences and 12 workshops
- 9 countries represented, including 3 guests of honor: the Netherlands, Denmark and Germany
- 16 startups from 3 different countries participated in a pitch competition, 5 of them were awarded
- 2 site visits in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region: Interflex showroom in Nice and the charging infrastructure for electric buses in Marseille
Given the event’s success, Jean-Claude Gaudin, Mayor of Marseille and President of the Metropolis Aix-Marseille Provence, closed the forum on February 16, 2018 by announcing the organization of the second edition in 2019, where main topics will be energy solutions for the sustainable mobility, from electricity to hydrogen.
The Energy for Smart Mobility Forum was launched by GreenUnivers and Capenergies, as the electric mobility market has significantly increased in recent months: the threshold of 500,000 vehicles in circulation in Europe was surpassed for the first time in 2017 ; regulations in favor of electric vehicles are reinforced all over the world, not only in Europe but also in China and India ; the major car manufacturers keep announcing new electric models ; public and private tenders are multiplying with the goal to provide territories with charging infrastructures and other “energy highways”.
In this framework, both the energy supply for vehicles and the energy feed from vehicles back to the grid are major challenges. Mobility and energy sectors will therefore have to work together to find technological solutions and offer new services. Promising paths are already emerging, especially towards the vehicle-to-grid, which is enabling vehicles to become an asset for optimizing the electricity network’s management.
With the aim of bringing together players from both mobility and energy, promoting exchanges and knowledge sharing between them, Capenergies and GreenUnivers have launched the Energy for Smart Mobility Forum. Finally, this event strongly relies on the vision of PACA Region, which is a pioneer territory in the field of smart grids and open to Europe and the world thanks to the partnership, for this first edition, with Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
4 main topics have been highlighted in this first edition:
- Renewable energy feeding, charge optimization and storage
- Digital solutions for energy management and blockchain
- Business models and operators governance